Angus and Robertson
Angus & Robertson in Bowral are part of Australia's leading book retailer. Angus & Robertson, a name synonymous with quality books, value and unsurpassed service has been the most recognised book retailer in Australia for over 100 years.
There are 170 Angus & Robertson bookstores across Australia, and with thousands of books to choose from there is something to suit anyone at any age. Everything from fiction to children's books, travel books, reference books and cookbooks; Angus & Robertson stores offer an excellent range, service and value.
- you are fantastic! (review: Angus and Robertson)
- hi i love your book store!~ i get all my books there!!!!!! you are the bomb! you even gave me the fantastic fiction website which i go on as soon as i can! from an 11 year old girl ps someday i hope to be an author so i can put fantastic books on your fiction shelves!
- Posted by Unknown User at Thursday 5th November, 2009
- Small Publishers Beware (review: Angus and Robertson)
- It's not often that I'll sit up and declare my intentions so publicly, but in this case I see no other option. For what it's worth I won't be buying another piece of product from the Angus & Robertson chain of bookstores. I'm well aware that by taking this stance I'll be punishing some small business owners (those who own and operate various franchises) but the recent decision of the company owners to send out letters of demand like the one opposite (you can read the text and the response here) makes my blood boil. For those who aren't aware. The bean counters who run A&R have decided that small publishers will now have to pay for the privilege of having their books on sale in Angus & Robertson book stores. The profit that the stores and the chain make from those books aren't enough, they want more. What this does is squeeze a lot of independent publishers out of the market as some won't be able to afford to buy shelf space as opposed to promotional costs. It's pathetic. With more and more publishers than ever, thanks to the digital age, more and more product is out there to chose from. Shelf space is a premium, but let's be frank, how many times have you walked into a book store and found what you're after? It hardly ever happens to me, I order a good percentage of my books in (and anyone that knows me knows how much I read) and I can't help but wonder, will A&R decide to charge publishers for that as well? I'll say right here, right now, that if A&R decide to keep this practice in place then they've lost me as a customer. They might not care all that much, in fact I doubt I'll even register on their collective radar as I'm just one person, however if more and more people take this stance then they may reconsider. Put yourself in the publishers place - if they have to pay to get their books stocked then they'll cut down on resources available. That means less and less books, less work for authors and as such more and more people will be out of a job. Domino effect baby. If you're a publisher, don't give in to this extortion, go elsewhere and get your product out into the market place. I'll make this standing offer to any publisher that might read this - I'll happily give free space and advertising to any publisher that chooses not to stock Angus & Robertson. That's right - no payment here, I'll even buy the copies for review. You can get a book on this site whenever you want. The email link is there, so go for it. And Angus & Robertson, you can kiss my arse.
- Posted by Danny Boy at Wednesday 13th August, 2008
- :D:D very happy customer :D:D (review: Angus and Robertson)
- A few years ago after walking out of Angus and Robertson...after buying a book of course, ahem well there was a team of photographers just outside the shop and they came up to me and asked if i could be in some of the photos for the store.I ended up being on a billboard in Campbeltown aswell as on about a billion posters and i was in an ad on telly, anyway Angus and Robertson have the loveliest staff and a great range of books
- Posted by eloise at Tuesday 26th February, 2008
- Great place!! (review: Angus and Robertson)
- I have been to Angus and Robertson on many occasions and every time i have been the service is great and the the staff are always polite and kind. Other book store are unreliable but this store is quite reliabe. i have had orders and they always come in on time and i have almost always been able to find what i want (and other stuff that i find just because). Thank you for being such a good and reliable shop.
- Posted by Ash at Wednesday 31st October, 2007
Here are some businesses related to Angus and Robertson. If you didn't find what you were looking for, have a look at the businesses below.
The Highlands Bookshop is a spacious, relaxing shop. Great to browse or ask our staff for advice. Great range of children's books.
Soul Destiny specialises in self-transformation and healing books, music, crystals, gifts and resources.
BiblioQuest International are Australia's leading specialist search service for out-of-print and collectable books.
Berkelouw Booksellers are Australia's largest and most established rare, out-of-print, secondhand and new booksellers.
The Brown Bookshop is an independent bookshop with ABC Centre. A marvellous mix of books and music for all ages.